Friday, July 13, 2007

Fun, Fears, and Friendly Faces

Hey mel Here. ok well i havent writen in here but i read joes and he went in to total detail so theres nothing else to write except our interesting little experiences. As many of you know the day we even got here was hectic because luke almost didnt make it.(Ticket problems) But when we got here mandie and i had adventures of our own. We befrended these two little girls about 7 or so ( named Mao and Yukie) they had never played with sidewalk chalk and we drew on the drive with them. They didnt speak english and we know very little Japaneese so needless to say conversation was a very difficult game of charades.we then went on a scavanger hunt in teams and got to see so many amazing places we didnt get pictures but we are definetly going back to get some because there is this really good pastery at this store down the road. For all of you that i told i was going to live on rice, im not. so far they only made me eat soy sause once thank goodness!!! our new favorite game is uno because there is nothing else we can think to do at night. we brought out mandies fear of the dark and messed with her head a little which was fun and we also told some scary stories but now everyone is settling down for a game of uno again. i ran into a poll yesterday and really hurt myself but im just sore today a little. Lukes been doing good i guess and joe is piano nuts just like always. aparently im really loud, and i dont want to get in trouble so please pray for self control for me. in japan there are alot of budist people and i guess they get rid of all emotion so its kindof a culture shock. anyways i hope everyone on the senior high camping trip is having fun and miss you all!! write to me!!! God Bless- Mel

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok Mel, what do you mean Luke is doing alright you guess?? Or better yet...Luke you let me know!!!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you are stretching and learning. I will pray for self control. I need some more myself!
Love you...

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry I read more into what you were saying about Luke, Mel. Guess I can use some of that self control myself also. I'm glad to hear from each one of you!!! And yes I will also keep praying for our self control. Love you Mel.